Jan 24, 2013

Faux Folksy Chair Project

Image: The Inadvertent Farmer

There is a old wooden chair, comfortable tucked between two wardrobes, in a spare bedroom in my home.  I love that chair very much but - if one out of a hundred people, who enter my home, ever lay their eyes on it, they will be amongst a pocket sized group of very close friends and immediate family.

As sturdy and solid as it is, it will never be a part of our day to day lives but it has attended and participated in significant moments throughout my life.


It was there in my very first apartment and now, 9 different homes later, it's still with me.

It's sole purpose?

It's my painting chair. Each home that I've lived in, if it needed a splash of colour, I could call upon my trusty chair to help me reach the lofty heights of walls and ceilings.
It's last job, was aiding me in the decoration of my sons room, just 1 month before he was born. The fragments of splashes, a pale pistachio paint - cherished reminders and worthy additions to the other countless remnants from previous home improvements.

If I ever decide to retire my painting chair (by which I mean, buy a ladder) I do believe that I have found the ideal revamp treatment for it.

There is a great, fun project over at The Inadvertant Farmer, which uses some children's foam stickers and a wonderful, playful sense of creativity.

Image: The Inadvertant Farmer

 All you need is:

1. A Chair.
2. Foam Stickers
3. PVA glue
4. Primer Paint
5. Gloss/Satin or Eggshell Paint (Colour of your choice)
6. Paint Brush

STEP 1
Start by placing the foam stickers on the chair and attach them with some PVA glue. Allow to dry.
(You could sand the chair before applying the stickers...but you don't have to.)

Image: The Inadvertant Farmer
Image: The Inadvertant Farmer

STEP 2
Remove the seat and apply a coat of primer to the entire chair. Allow this to dry according to the instructions on the tin.

Image: The Inadvertant Farmer
STEP 3.
Once the primer is completely dry, apply 2 coats of your paint, allowing drying time between each coat.
This would be a perfect time to look at recovering the old seat which you can find instructions for here and here.

You might even try using some recycled material.

Image: The Inadvertant Farmer
Image: The Inadvertant Farmer


Now that I think about it, it may be some years before I retire this old chair.

More recently, it has taken up moonlighting at Christmas, helping me decorate the tree and again when it's time to come down. To be fair, it's had a good workout this year and it still stands firm. I'd guess there's some life in it yet.

Maybe my son will take it, 18 years from now, when he moves into his very first home.
Chances are, living with me all that time, he'll think his new place could do with a lick of paint.



.





1 comment:

  1. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked nicely for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my amazement, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...