Jan 10, 2013

Milk Carton Row Boat Project

Image: Lilla A
Everything that is made has a life cycle.

The life cycle of a milk carton begins with a tree. That tree is harvested for wood which is turned into paper. That paper is made into a carton and filled with milk. The milk is brought to a shop where we buy it, empty it out our morning cereal and then the carton is tossed into the bin. Of course that should be a recycling bin, but still.... a somewhat unceremonious end to a serenely grand beginning.

So before you go and drop it into the bin, why not try your hand at some great kids crafts using empty milk cartons.



A quick search on Google brings up 100's of great ideas such as bird feeders and planters to toy houses to dumper trucks.
Image: Google
But my favourite one comes from Artists Helping Children.

How to make a Milk Carton Row Boat.

Image: AHC crafts

All you will need is:
2 Milk Cartons
Pen or Pencil
Scissors
Tape
Nail
String

STEP 1                                                                                    
Image: AHC crafts

STEP 2
Image: AHC crafts
STEP 3
Image: AHC crafts
STEP 4
Image: AHC crafts

STEP 5
Image: AHC crafts
STEP 6
Image: AHC crafts
Image: AHC crafts


STEP 7
Image: AHC crafts

STEP 8
Image: AHC crafts

STEP 9
Image: AHC crafts

There you have it. You can use it in the pool, bath tub or any body of water and the thing about milk cartons is, their waxy surface makes them completely water proof…. so they perfect for the water.

As for it's life cycle in the hands of a child, well..............that's anyone's guess!


.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,
    What a beautiful idea! Definately on my 'to do' list to occupy the toddlers on a wintery afternoon!
    Helen
    www.thebusymamas.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,
      I'm always looking for ideas to keep my son entertained on those 'rainy' day. Any 2 year old needs to get outside as much as possible, so sometimes it's good to have a few good ideas to quell the storm - both inside and out!

      I had a quick peek at your blog. Really lovely stuff. I love the Birthday T-Shirts. I tried that once with a baby grow, a photo of Darth Vader, and the quote "Have you seen my dark side?"

      I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.
      Martin.

      Delete
  2. Love this just blogged about it - http://cimmermann.co.uk/blog/half-term-crafty-design-projects-kids/ hope you like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You have a great site and I love your blog too. Some wonderful ideas.
      Gotta love those Cardboard crafts!

      Thanks for the mention.

      Delete
  3. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked adequately for me, when I became pregnant I went back to struggling to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take a note of your site and continue checking for new data about once every week.You know, many persons are looking round for this information, you could help them greatly.Keep sharing your thoughts. BUY FRENCH PASSPORT ONLINE ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...